Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Author Lori A. Moore Joins us for Writer Wednesday

 It's Writer Wednesday and we are happy to have 
Lori A. Moore
here with us today!

Welcome!! 


Tell us a bit about yourself:

Do you work another job when you are not writing? 


Oh my gosh, yes!  A recovering workaholic, I used to work, no kidding, 7 simultaneous jobs!  Right now I’ve got it down to just a few.  I’m an adjunct business professor teaching at the graduate school level on topics including Marketing, Human Resources, and Ethics.  


What is your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing?


Nap!  But when I’m not sleeping, I have a new found love for photography.  I especially like taking photos of flowers because I don’t have to worry about them smiling, moving, or making their butts look too big.


What is your favorite color? Why?


Maroon, but I’m not sure why.  Maybe it’s because my high school’s colors were maroon and white?


What is your favorite season? Why?


Definitely Autumn.  I like the crisp air, the beautiful colors of the leaves, and, dare I say it . . . Halloween.


If you could live anyplace on earth, where would it be? Why?


This is a trick question.  Why would you limit me to one place?  Having traveled extensively, I have found so many things to like about so many different places.  I’d like to be a nomad and live somewhere three months, then move on to a new place.


If you could have any car, what would it be? 


Anything that runs.  I’m not picky about automobiles.  I drive a 2011 Hyundai Tucson and I only average putting about 5,000 miles a year on a car.  Yeah, I should just walk.

Tell us about your writing: 

How long have your been writing? Was it a dream, a goal or is it just a hobby? 

When my former husband died in 2008, a friend who had lost her sister a couple of years earlier suggested that I journal as a way to deal with my grief.  I didn’t set out to be a published author.  My professors always said I write well, but that was academic papers and I didn’t realize I could write outside of that venue.

How many hours a day do you devote to writing? Do you have a set routine or do you write when the mood strikes?

Seriously?  You think I’m organized?  Nope, I just write when the mood strikes.

Is there some place special you like to be when you write? 

Not really.  I’ve been inspired to write in a notebook on a long plane ride and on a napkin during lunch.  I just never know when the inspiration is going to hit.

Do you listen to music or do you need a quiet place to write? 

Anywhere, anyplace, anytime.  I can write in the middle of a busy airport or in my office all alone with my kitties with no radio, no television, no noise.

Tell us about your books:

What is the name of it and is it part of a series or a stand-alone novel?

My first two books were written at the same time and are both Christian nonfiction/memoir books.  They are From Zero to Christian in Just 35 Years and Missing Andy.  My third book was a children’s book, Grady the Gray Cat Gets Adopted

Where did the ideas come from?  

All of my ideas come from real life experiences.  From Zero to Christian in Just 35 Years is about the fact that I had never been inside a church or heard the name Jesus until I was 35 years old.  It deals with understanding that it’s never too late to have a relationship with Jesus and there’s nothing so bad that you could have done to make Him not love you.  Missing Andy is about my husband who died in 2008 and explains how Christians deal with grief differently because they know where their loved ones are.  Grady the Gray Cat Gets Adopted is about my real little gray cat Grady who we adopted from an animal shelter when he was two years old. 

Your other work:

Do you have any upcoming projects in the works or other books that have been published? 

Yes, thank you for asking.  My newest book, releasing March 20, 2012, is another children’s book titled Hannah the Hedgehog goes to Heaven.  The inspiration, sadly, comes from the fact that my 15 and 17 year old kitties passed away in 2011.  The book is a flip book dealing with pet death.  One side is written from the perspective of the little girl, Lily, while the other side is written from the perspective of the pet who is dying, Hannah. 

Where can readers connect with you?
I’m not shy, so connect away!
Twitter:  @LoriMooreBooks

Where can we buy your books?
I can autograph them for you if you buy them directly from me through my website, http://www.LoriBooks.com.  
 They’re also on my publisher’s website, http://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/search.php?search=lori+a.+moore, and they’re also on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and most other online and chain bookstores. 



1 comment:

  1. Big fan of Ms. Moore. I wish her and Ms. Eaton much success!

    ReplyDelete