Friday, January 6, 2012

Celebrating the WLC - Micheal Rivers talks Uniting a Community


Guest post from author Micheal Rivers  
Volunteer with the WLC

Women’s Literary Café is much more than what I expected to find when I decided to join them. This group of authors has come a long way from just another group joining together trying to promote their work. They are anything but just friends. These dedicated writers have united to become a force to be seen among Indie writers.
Through an ability to work as a team they have come together to introduce the world to their craft. I had never participated in any kind of book event until I became involved with the WLC. I have to admit I was impressed with the co-ordination of so many authors from all over the United States working together as one for a common goal. That goal was to get their work to their readers.
The events as well as the group move like a well oiled machine with clear and concise planning leaving no stone unturned. The events have continued and the sales for the authors continue to climb with the notoriety achieved through WLC.
We have had a few authors leave us, and though they are no longer here they are not forgotten and still remain great friends with a respect for each other. Each promotion is aimed at targeting our readers with the finest we have to offer.
Melissa Foster has always been there for anyone with a question or a possible solution to any problem the WLC members may have. Her diligence and sacrifice has not gone un-noticed and is appreciated by everyone involved with the group.
I was asked what Author Melissa Foster means to me. This is how I see her; she is an honest and ethical person I know I can depend on. She is a good friend, an ear to bend, and a Queen of marketing. Love ya kiddo, and thanks for everything. I also love to make her sweat so I will be mailing her a picture of a large plate of Chocolate Walnut Fudge she knows she can’t get to. Melissa you are special and an excellent author.


Micheal ~  thank you so much for taking the time to write this up!  Your are always consistent and helpful!  You're friendship means a lot to so many people! You are one of the reason the WLC is so great! Thank you!    ~ Stacy

To learn more about WoMen’s Literary Café 
(hosting both men and women), please visit:




2 comments:

  1. Oh fudge! Yay! And you know I'm on a diet right now, right? Thanks, Mike, for your kind words and your friendship. It's such an honor to be friends with such a kind and generous person. You are always looking out for others and making sure that you reach out in a fair and equitable manner, and you never ask for things in return. You're a true gem.

    Can I please have the fudge now? lol. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, I had to tease you with the fudge, sorry about that. Always a pleasure, keep smiling.No fudge for now I'd blow your diet and you'd kill me. LOL

    Thanks for the kind words Stacy.

    ReplyDelete