Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Samantha Summers Shares about the Guardian without creator Gillian Joy

Character Interview! 


 We welcome Samantha today to our blog.  
Samantha Summers is the co-stary of "Guardian" written by Gillian Joy. 
We hope Gillian wasn't upset that we invited Samantha here today and not her!

Welcome Samantha - Please tell us everything you can about the book you are in:
Hi, my name's Sam and I am a vampire. I was 22 years old when I was kidnapped by some sick sadistic vampire whose name I don't even care to mention, he is nothing more than an unimportant blimp in my life, but he did lead me to find my best friend Hannah.

Hannah is the Venatorcustos, the Guardian of all supernatural creatures and this is actually her story. It's a story I've memorized by heart though, because it's so significant in vampire history. You see Hannah is over 300 years old. She was first born in Amesbury Massachusetts in the year sixteen seventy five, so you do the math if you want to know exactly how old she is. She was a bit of a tom boy back then and spent most of her time playing in the woods with her best friend; handsome, blond, blue eyed Gabriel. That was until the day he kissed her, poor thing had no idea what to do, she lost it and ran off and told her mum, who in turn went and had a go at Gabriel's father who also happened to be the town sheriff. That turned out to be the catalyst that set in motion a series of ruinous events that ended up haunting Hannah for centuries.

If you want the full story read the book! But long story short Gabe's dad wasn't happy about his feelings for Hannah so he tried to have Hannah and her mum executed for witchcraft. Well he didn't quite succeed — obviously or Hannah wouldn't have made it to be over 300 years old — and as a positive it did lead her to meet Bernard, the warlock her mother had once had an affair with, and he became her mentor and confidant in future years. But as a result, the final outcome was that she did spend the next few hundred years on a bit of a vendetta and lost almost everyone close to her, while she hunted for the true creature she believed was behind the execution.

That was until she met Jesse. Jesse is a vampire, dark and handsome and nothing but trouble, and unfortunately for Hannah she couldn't help but fall in love with him, which just caused her grief all over again. Why would falling in love with Jesse cause her grief? Because for one Hannah was brought up to believe that the guardian is not allowed to love the supernatural creatures she is meant to protect. And for two, Jesse was created by Gabriel. Well you can imagine Hannah’s surprise when she learnt that not only was her childhood sweetheart alive — well a vampire anyway — but he was married? Damn hey! Well Hannah had a bit of a meltdown in life about then and decided to just pack it all in and start again. So with Bernard’s help she was reborn.

Unfortunately for Hannah being reborn doesn't mean she can forget who she is and it didn't take long before she was knee deep in crudelitas again. (Crudelitas being the ancient name for the supernatural) And that's about where I came into the picture.

Hannah and I were friends for quite a while before she decided it was time to take control of the Custas again. The Custas were a supernatural council and they were supposed to help Hannah keep the crudelitas under control, but while she had been off playing Buffy the vampire slayer and trying to reinvent her life over, they had pretty much gone off the rails and were running thing on their own terms instead of those set by the Venatorcustas.

Then when she discovered that the vampire Custas were harboring the actual vampire responsible for her mother’s death she was determined things would change. So with the help of some old friends — and while she was still trying to get a handle on her conflicting feelings for Jesse and Gabriel — she decided to get all the Custas together for a meeting and tighten the reigns, and no it's not as easy as it sounds, and no things didn't go as smoothly as planned, but hey it all worked out in the end right and that's the main thing, even if she did learn a bit more along the way than even she bargained for. :)

Wow Samantha that sounded so good, I didn't want to interrupt you while you were talking.  When I'm done here, I'll be visiting Amazon to purchase this, sounds great! 

First we all want to be different, so what is the one thing you wish your creator had done differently with you? 
Tough one, I actually really like who I am, strong independent, loyal and caring. I just wish they'd let me get more involved in a hands on sense. I'd love to get right into the action instead of always being left on the sidelines to babysit. I know it's necessary, but hey, I am still a vampire and I really need some action sometimes.

If you could have added something to the story, and your creator would have let you, what would that have been?
Oooh a hot an juicy sex scene with Jesse, I mean have you met the guy? He's hot, I mean really hot, he is sex personified and in a real bad boy kinda way, and if I could've just....... But alas, Gillian is obviously just too wussy for that, but would even just a kiss have hurt?

Don't get me wrong, I mean I know Hannah's in love with Gabriel and I know he's more sensible and mature and sweet and still hot as hell, but Jesse will always be my bad boy. I hope!


What do you love best about yourself? What do you like least?
I'm a strong independent kick arse kinda girl, be nice if I could show it a bit occasionally though. It's not even as  if there are any flashbacks to my younger wilder days to show how kick arse I really am. Wait! That's because I've never had a chance to be really kick arse. Well you wait. They can't hold me back forever.
What part of the book was the hardest for you and your creator to work through?
Well I can't speak for Gillian, but the hardest for me is watching Hannah fumbling over herself trying to deny her feelings for Gabe. Well not really deny, but avoid. I think she admitted her feelings long ago, but watching her trying not to act on them, especially when he so openly feels the same way, is just excruciating. I don't think Gillian had too many dramas putting the whole story down though. She never seemed to stumble too much, it really just flowed from one stage to the next.
Is there a sequel for this book? If so, what do you want to accomplish in the next book.  If not, do you wish you could continue your story? 
Oh yeah! It's already written and should be released in March 2012. I'd like to say that I finally get to kick some arse, but they're making me wait till book three for that. It's coming though I promise. I can't say too much about Forever, which is book two I don't want to give it all away , but it's nice to see Hannah finally get some answers. Let's just hope she has enough sense to act on them. She worries me sometimes that girl, she just needs to relax.
Stacy can I just add a huge thank you for letting me  be a part of this. It's so nice not having to sit in the background for a change. I love being front and center. 
 
Samantha where can we buy the book that your in? 



How can we reach out to your creator, Gillian Joy? 

1 comment:

  1. Well I've been bested then haven't I. Good Job Sam, you deserve a bit of the limelight :)

    ReplyDelete