Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Publisher

As my few Beta readers finish up my book 2 in my series, I find myself very excited to be thinking about what comes up next.  I send it off to my publisher, Outskirts Press, Inc. and I start the publishing process!

Outskirts Press, Inc. is a self publishing company with a lot of perks.  They have a lot of different packages that you can choose from to fit your goal and your budget.  After sending them my manuscript, I will work with a team of people to help me through each stage.

First there is the editing, and yes I do have my book professionally edited.  It is a must in this business. Next I work with a graphic artist to come up my cover.  I already have my idea in mind, it is only a matter of telling them what I would like to see and letting them put it together for me.  Then comes the formatting and choosing of options for the book.  Come early fall... My book will be printed in Paperback, Hardcover and put up on Amazon as a Kindle download.

Some people have asked me why I went with a self publishing company. I decided that I wanted to be able to control my book, all of it.  I wanted to be able to make the decisions, not have others tell me what I should do with it.  I am happy with my decision and very happy with my publisher!

It is a very exciting process with a lot of people involved.  I love working with them and I can't wait to start the process all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment