Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Muscle Cars

 

Muscle cars are a piece of our history, especially mine! I went to high school in the 80's in the subs of Detroit, very close to the Ford and Chevy plant. During my years there, I quickly feel in love with the cars of history.

On the weekend evenings you would find me and all my friends cruising the strip of the local small town. You weren't cool if you weren't riding in one of the original 60's Mustang's or Chevy's. Sometimes hundred's of cars would be in the area, and the smell of raw gas hung heavy in the air from the carburetors. The sound of loud exhausts and the feel of raw power coming from the large block hemi engines was enough to make you feel like you were on cloud nine.

My first husband was one of the owners of many of these cars. His love of Mustang's was passed on to me. At one time in our marriage, we worked together to restore a 1970 Dodge Challenger. I loved that car! Imagine my joy with seeing Dodge bring back the Challenger in today's market. If gas wasn't as expensive as it is, I would be an owner of one in a heartbeat.

So it is from my love of these classic vehicles, that I needed to write them into my store.  Julian's 1968 midnight blue Mustang and Kristin's 2010 plum crazy Dodge Challenger.

No comments:

Post a Comment