Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fawn Hollow Township


Many people have asked me where I came up with the location for my book. To the best of my knowledge, there is no Fawn Hollow Township anywhere in the United States. So why did I choice that?

I was on patrol one day in the Township that I work, and had been thinking in my mind that I needed to name the area that the book was to be placed.  A vehicle drove past me, it was a white pickup truck pulling a trailer. On the side of the truck it said, Fawn Hollow Landscaping. As I read it, I instantly knew that I had just found the name of my fictional place.  

I searched online and found that no such place existed. I did find a school named Fawn Hollow Elementary School that is located in CT and there are several roads throughout America that use that name.

Fawn Hollow Township then became the home to my story. While the locations in my book are similar to the location where I work, the roads and landmarks have all been changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment